Best answer

Dynamically update cancelled Calendly event in google sheets

Hey everyone,

I created a Google Sheet to automate the process of sending gift cards to customers after they’ve conducted an interview. I currently have a zap running with Calendly and Google Sheets where it populates my sheet when an event is created. A gift card is sent to customers unless Column D has been marked as “cancelled.”

Sometimes we deal with no-shows so I want to figure out how to create a zap that will automatically update Column D when we cancel an event. I’m a little lost on how to do this and would love any advice here!

icon

Best answer by jesse 19 May 2022, 23:51

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

@Troy Tessalone Tagging you here as I noticed you also helped someone a couple months ago with a Calendy cancellation automation! Would love to draw from your knowledge here 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @juliacesana 

Good question.

Try these Zap steps:

1. Trigger: Calendly - Invitee Canelled
    1. NOTE: This may not trigger if an admin cancels the event, so be sure to test this
  2. Action: GSheet - Lookup Row
  3. Action: GSheet - Update Row

TIP: Using Airtable instead of GSheets has many advantages as well: https://zapier.com/apps/airtable/integrations#triggers-and-actions

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

HI @juliacesana! Were you able to create the Zap that you needed from Troy’s answer? If you need a few more details or are stuck at a particular point, let us know!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@juliacesana circling back here as I see you wrote into our support team, who provided very similar advice to Troy’s suggestion:

1. Invitee Canceled in Calendly - this returns the email address of the invitee that cancelled
  2. Lookup Row in Google Sheets - find the row based on the email address
  3. Update Row in Google Sheets - update column D to read "Cancelled"

I will also second Troy’s suggestion of using Airtable for creating more “dynamic” Triggers within your Zaps: https://zapier.com/apps/airtable/integrations#triggers-and-actions