Best answer

Dynamically find and delete a spreadsheet row

• 28 March 2022
  • 2 replies

When I receive a cancellation in rezdy I want to make a zap that will delete a Google Sheet row that was created before by another zap. 

I created an action Action Lookup Spreadsheet Row in Google Sheets to look by name and date, 
and action Delete Spreadsheet Row in Google Sheets, in which I was only able to add a manually add row and was unable to add a custom value that resulted in something other than an error, or connect it to search action. 

What can I do to make this work? 

Thank you!  

icon

Best answer by Danvers 6 April 2022, 17:37

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @matea!

If the search step found the row that it was looking for, here’s what you need to do for the Delete Row step:

For the Row, click Custom 

In the dropdown, choose the Find row step and select the field ID

The ID field is the Row ID of the row from the Find Row step. Using that as the custom value is how you ‘link’ the search step to the Delete step; it tells the delete step which row was found in the previous step and therefore should be deleted. 

If you try that and are still running into issues, it’s best to contact the Support team using the Get Help form, as they will be able to take a look at your Zap with you. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @matea 

Good question.

You’ll want to map the ID/Row value found in the GSheet Lookup Row step.

Here’s a help article about how to dynamically map data point variables between Zap steps using the ‘custom’ option:

https://zapier.com/help/create/basics/set-up-your-zap-action#set-up-your-action