Skip to main content

Hi everyone,

I'm working on an automation using Zapier to send customized post-session emails through Zoho for our therapy company. We have several therapists and an extensive post-session email sequence with mostly templated content, but we want to include unique messages for each session.

Here’s how it works: Our therapists fill out a Typeform after each session, providing their work email (to be used as the "from" address), a custom message for the client, and client details (name, email, etc.). I use Zapier to take this information and send an email through our Zoho account, inserting the details from the Typeform into the email (e.g., client’s name, "from" email address, "to" email address, custom message, etc.).

The issue I’m encountering is that Zapier only allows the "from" address to match the Zoho account used to set up the automation. I need to be able to send emails from any address under our domain

as specified in the Typeform.

Is there a way to achieve this with Zapier? Alternatively, can we configure a central Zoho account that allows Zapier to send emails from any lifecraft.me address?

Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

Note in the picture you can see i tried to use a custom field from the type form “what is your @lifecraft.me email address” for the ‘from address’ but it failed because the zoho account i connected to zapier was one connected to a different @lifecraft.me email address

Hi @ElDel 

One option would be to connect the different Zoho Mail accounts to Zapier, then add logic (e.g. Paths) to determine which Zoho Mail account to use in the Zap step.

Otherwise, it’s likely you’d have to explore using the Zoho Mail API: https://www.zoho.com/mail/help/api/post-send-an-email.html

Likely similar restrictions related to authentication.

@Troy Tessalone Awesome, i just put together a mock up of that system using Paths and it will work perfectly. A little tedious but so be it. Thanks so much for the quick reply!