Best answer

Dynamic date change in the subject line of my email

• 9 November 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hello Zap Community! I am looking for some assistance in setting up a Gmail (trigger) and Gmail (action) Zap.

What I am trying to do

Send an email (action) when I receive a new attachment (trigger). When I send the email, I have a subject line that looks something like this: CompanyName_ClientName_2022 and for the rest of this year I want the 2022 to remain in the subject, but when we hit 1/1/2023, I want the year to dynamically change to 2023.

My current set up

I am currently using a Gmail to Gmail zap with a Date/Time formatter step. Screenshots below. 

Will this set up accomplish what I am looking to do or should I have it set up differently?

ZAP STRUCTURE

FILTER/ACTION

​​​​

ACTION STEP

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 9 November 2022, 16:07

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @ababab608 

Good question.

Change your input value to “today” (without the double quotes).

Change your To Format to “YYYY” (without the double quotes).

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@ababab608 just checking back in! Did Troy’s response help you out? Let us know if you have anymore questions! 😄

Userlevel 2
Badge

@Troy Tessalone thank you for this feedback as always! The logic makes sense and I will give this a try. A follow up for you on this one. 

While sometimes we want to be able to change the month & year in real time (as per your feedback above), is there a way to further customize this and have the months convert to show the current quarter we are in. I.e., if the month was Jan, Feb, or March then Zapier could read those months and output “Quarter One 2023” etc. I know this is hard, and might require some custom work, but I am more curious if this is even possible. Thanks!

@chanelle yes Troy’s reply was great as always! This will be extremely helpful for my use case.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@ababab608 

You can use a Formatter > Utilities > Lookup Table