Question

Duplicate worksheet then update cell values with next row on the data sheet

• 15 March 2024
  • 2 replies

Help please!  I have created a google form that gives me the relevant information to run a marketing campaign.  

The forms sends results to a spreadsheet.  I have worksheet in there that is set up to copy values from the first row on the responses tab.  This fills in a ‘campaign plan’ and pulls info from other worksheets to give a comprehensive plan and list of work that is needed.  

Every time a new responses is created (and thus a new row in the ‘form response’ worksheet, I want to duplicate the campaign sheet and populate the cells with the new values.  I have managed to create the zap to duplicate the sheet each time a response is added.  This bit works perfectly.

Now I need to change the cells in the new duplicated sheet to add the values in the new row.  At the moment they are still pointing to row 1 in the form response sheet. I want each duplicate to add the values from the new rows on the response sheet.  Can anybody help please?  I am not a coder so need a really simple version if possible!

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Ruth 

Related topic:

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi @Ruth,

You’ll want to use an update row step. Is it the same row being update each time in the duplicated sheet?

Best,
Ryan Schweighart
Whole Hart Impact, LLC
whimpact.co
I help businesses with HubSpot and Zapier.