Best answer

Duplicate and fill a google spreadsheet when we got a new answer in a google form

• 7 April 2020
  • 2 replies

Hello everybody

I got a Google Form when a new player join my team I would like to create a player Profile on google sheet for this I create a Google form and a spreadsheet template  to copy and past and fill with the information of the form i would like to automate this with zapier

When a new User answer to the google form I want

• duplicate a spreadsheet Template 
  • Rename the new spreadsheet with information of the google form  
  • Fill the last worksheet of the new spreadsheet with the same google form information in 2nd row

The two first steep are good for me but for the third steep I don’t arrived to write in the new spreadsheet or when I arrived it’s only write in the first spreadsheet create by Zapier (not the template).

2 first step 

This  not  working 

This not working too (write only in the spread sheet [!PID]_Rambow Six_PlayerInformation

Thank’s a lot to all people who will help me to solve my probleme 

icon

Best answer by Liz_Roberts 7 October 2020, 21:01

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Raphael,

What you’re trying to do with the Google Sheets integration is something we see quite a bit. I’m afraid it’s not possible to use a dynamic value for the spreadsheet. We touch on it here in our help docs as well as here in this video about Google Sheets.

It looks like you’ve been in touch with our Support team and they’ve added your vote to the existing feature request that we have for this. If it does get added you’ll receive an email notification. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @rabbijason ,

Circling back here to share some good news with you. You let our team know that you were interested in using a custom value to specify the worksheet or spreadsheet while using the Google Sheets integration. Previously, you had to select a single option from the dropdown menu.

After some deep investigating, we've finally been able to bring that to reality. That means you can now create more powerful Zaps that use dynamic values for either of these!