Best answer

Dropbox + Mailchimp using Zapier

• 12 January 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi all,

I would like to trigger the notification email from Mailchimp when the new upload happen in dropbox. Is that possible using Zapier?

Also I have to send the notification email to different email address based on the country folder upload. Please help me to find the solution.

Thanks in advance.

Saravanan

icon

Best answer by Ennes 12 January 2021, 14:44

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Hey @Saravanan,

I think you can achieve this using Zapier and especially the filter function. It would be a combination of three parts in your zap.

1. Dropbox as Trigger here
  2. Filter or Path to add some logic to your zap (for example if a certain folder is addressed then send an email to certain users)
  3. Mailchimp as Action (to send the mails)

To give you more details on the setup. Can you describe in more detail what exactly you are trying to achieve.

Userlevel 1

Hey @Saravanan,

I think you can achieve this using Zapier and especially the filter function. It would be a combination of three parts in your zap.

1. Dropbox as Trigger here
  2. Filter or Path to add some logic to your zap (for example if a certain folder is addressed then send an email to certain users)
  3. Mailchimp as Action (to send the mails)

To give you more details on the setup. Can you describe in more detail what exactly you are trying to achieve.

@Ennes Thank you for the response. When I upload file in Dropbox in particular folder, MailChimp need to send the notification email to specific person.

For example:

A person upload file in India folder in dropbox with Partner as “A”(partner name will be specified in asset name). “A” should be notified about the upload.

A person upload file in India folder in dropbox with Partner as “B”(partner name will be specified in asset name). “B” should be notified about the upload.

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Hey @Saravanan,

perfect. So this sounds like a job for for paths (see here). You just have to specify the conditions in this action step and you are good to go.

For example in your case you need a way to always clearly identify partner a and match it with the email address of a as well.

Userlevel 1

@Ennes : Thanks for the update. I have one more doubt. Is that possible to transfer the Dropbox file path value to Mailchimp using Zapier? So that I can check the condition in MailChimp automation rule and choose the correct email address?

Please advise. Thanks!

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Hey @Saravanan,

absolutely! You should use the add subscriber action of Mailchimp. You can have a closer look on all possible actions here.