Skip to main content

Everyday I get an email with a link to a report of how much my trucking company spent on fuel. I download that CSV doc to my computer and then drag and drop it into a CSV block in Airtable and all the transactions get added. How can I automate the downloading the document and adding it to Airtable?

@TowPiglet -

You should be able to accomplish this with Formatter and Airtable’s Create Record action. I haven’t used line items in Airtable recently, but if they’re not supported, you can likely get around it by using a Google Sheet in between.

Here’s what I did and the error I got

Gmail - New email matching search

Formatter Text - Find the url

Formatter Utilities - Import CSV

Error

The utilities could not be sent to Formatter by Zapier.

The app returned "Could not determine delimiter"     It’s a wired link, here is the email I get everyday   Job: 'Fleet One Report -Zapier CSV' completed.
 Download at: https://emgr.efsllc.com/cards/CardsJob.action?getJobFile&fileId=e80f1b8b-7f1a-4618-8269-3d7bfe37b30e.1593933050001.jobdata

Please do not reply to this email. If you have questions or concerns, please contact your account manager.   Let me know what I’m doing wrong

Here’s the documentation on that error:

“Error: Could not determine delimiter

The CSV file you're trying to import doesn't use a recognized delimiter (commas, semi-colons, tabs), or the delimiter was not able to be recognized. If you know your delimiter or you have a One Column CSV, you can select that in the Type of CSV File option.”

Try Comma Delimited first – that’s the most common.