Question

Download a CSV from URL that changes its name daily.

• 31 August 2022
  • 8 replies

I have a csv url from a vendor for their inventory...the name is consistent, but they timestamp the file name like “file_2022-08-30.csv).. it does use an underscore, so perhaps it could use that to look for

It changes every day…

Might there be a way to create a zap that could change to download this? or to google sheets and update it daily

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @HBSteve 

Good question.

You can use a Formatter > Date / Time > Format step to get the Date in the desired format to dynamically create a URL.

Beginner here.. how? I seem to only get an error soon as i added the Formatter (this keeps popping up), and can’t find date/time

I assumed I needed to use “Schedule” first before formatter since that option was greyed out

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@HBSteve 

Where are you trying to download the file? (e.g. GDrive)

@HBSteve

Where are you trying to download the file? (e.g. GDrive)

From the vendors website… just a URL...

If you meant where to… don’t really care..google sheets would be fine i’d assume

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@HBSteve 

The CSV file needs to be downloaded and saved somewhere. (e.g. GDrive Folder)

The CSV can then be opened manually in GSheets.

It gets more complicated if you are trying to download the CSV then import the CSV file data to another GSheet, as there are limitations to factor in.

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hi @HBSteve ,

Just checking in to see if you still need help with this?

I’m wondering if this thread will help you: 

Keep us posted 😊