Best answer

Don't see Google Sheet shared with me

• 8 October 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

I have linked Google Sheet app with Zapier to write a Google Sheet. When I click on the dropdown to select a Spreadsheet, it doesn’t show the Google Sheet that’s shared by my Client B. It shows Sheets that I own and shared by my other clients (Client A and Client C). I am assigned “Editor” right to all the Sheets. What can be the issue here? It’s not showing the Sheet shared by specific Client B.

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 9 October 2020, 16:20

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Did you select the correct Drive?

Userlevel 3
Badge

Yes, I’ve selected the correct drive.

One thing that I’ve noticed is, the Google Sheet that Client B has shared with me shows that it belongs to a shared drive. That specific Google Sheet doesn’t show up on Zapier.

Sheets shared by other clients don’t show that icon on the sheets list. Could that be a problem? If yes, how to solve that?

Thanks for your response!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Here’s another SOLVED Community article that may be helpful:

Why can't I see my desired folder in the dropdown menu?

Google Drive requires you to be the owner of a given folder in order for you to be able to interact with this folder in Zapier, such as by uploading a file to the folder or triggering on a new file added to that folder.

Also, you cannot trigger or act upon a folder shared with you, so files added to folders you don't own will not trigger the zap. The connected account must be the owner.

Article: https://zapier.com/help/doc/common-problems-google-drive#why-cant-i-see-my-desired-folder-in-the-dropdown-menu

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi Troy, thanks for sharing this. But the problem is that only the Spreadsheet is shared with me by the client, not the entire “Shared drive”. Then how can I get the ID of the shared drive that the client uses?

I tried by entering the Spreadsheet id (copied from the Spreadsheet URL) into the Spreadsheet search dropdown, but it didn’t help.