Best answer

Does Zapier support wildcard searches on Twitter?

• 2 September 2021
  • 2 replies

I’m looking to wildcard search Twitter handles and usernames (i.e. “@bot1*”) and pass all of the returned accounts into a list.

Does Zapier offer this functionality?

icon

Best answer by SamB 2 November 2021, 13:22

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Flimsy Fox 

FYI: Most Zap app triggers/actions/searches operate on a per record basis.

Tweets that shouldn't meet the search criteria trigger my Search Mention zap

The Twitter Search Mention trigger doesn't work exactly like the native search within Twitter. You can get more info on how the search function works from Twitter here. If you want to modify the way the search works, you can use the Query Operators outlined in this link to limit the results.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Just wanted to follow up here to confirm that the Search Users action for the Twitter integration doesn’t support wildcard * searches at present. And it would only return a single result, not a list of all matching results.

@Flimsy Fox, I’d recommend reaching out to our Support Team to put in a request for the ability to perform wildcard user searches and return a list of all matching results. They’ll be able to open up a feature request for this and add your vote to it. :)