Best answer

Does Zapier need access to all of our company's MS Teams information and channels?

Hi, I’m trying out with MS Teams and it requires me to grant permissions to Zapier on our companies Teams account.  Is all of our Company's Team information, channels, etc etc visible to Zapier?

icon

Best answer by jesse 17 May 2022, 20:16

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @BrianA 

Good question.

In general, it’s basically an all or nothing for data access for the data objects that are needed in order for apps to be used in Zaps.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey @BrianA! To quote one of our help articles:

In order for Zapier to create any automation for you, it needs to have permissions to access your data within your app account. This then enables Zapier to carry out any actions on your behalf through your Zaps, whether this is creating, searching for, or updating an element within your app.

The reason we ask for all access up front is do that you don’t have to authenticate for each and every thing you want to do with the app you’re connecting. I also want to assure you that we will never access any data without your explicit permission.

Check out our Data Privacy & Security FAQs and Data privacy at Zapier articles for more context. 🙂