Question

Does Zapier have or intend to have a desktop recorder ?

• 18 December 2020
  • 10 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

The b2b robotic automation like automation anywhere and uipath have the ability to automate software through the GUI besides the API.

this is very powerful when the software does not have API, does Zapier have something like this and or similar ?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @Paolon 

I don’t believe so.

In terms of UI interaction with a site, don’t there tend to be problems with those apps getting blocked by sites?

Userlevel 1
Badge

this is a multi billion dollar market , it is an enterprise market , that feature is the flagship feature of companies operating in robotic process automation 

the problem is they are super expensive 10k to 1000k a year and all small business are cut out of this …...so the idea is can we have zapier doing  it at a lower much lower entry cost for small businesses?

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

@Paolon the future is API automation

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

I’ve learned to never say “never” at Zapier, but I doubt that’s a direction we’ll be heading in anytime soon. It’s an entirely different beast from API-based automation.

Userlevel 1
Badge

I’ve learned to never say “never” at Zapier, but I doubt that’s a direction we’ll be heading in anytime soon. It’s an entirely different beast from API-based automation.

you mean technologically? why is that?

it is a big limitation to automate legacy software or software of companies that do not want to open up APIs 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey @Paolon I automate as much as I can, and I get a lot of value by using Alfred in combination with Zapier’s Webhooks...Have you tried this: https://www.alfredapp.com/

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hey @Paolon I automate as much as I can, and I get a lot of value by using Alfred in combination with Zapier’s Webhooks...Have you tried this: https://www.alfredapp.com/

1. what does this do? 
  2. are you just advertising or you are providing valuable info?
  3. is this available for windows pcs?
Userlevel 7
Badge +9

what does this do? 

•  boosts your efficiency with hotkeys, keywords, text expansion - Allows you to create deep workflows from your desktop, run scripts, and perform manual tasks

are you just advertising or you are providing valuable info?

• Whilst I appreciate your directness - I’m not advertising. I’m giving a recommendation of a product I’ve used for nearly 7 years and have no affiliation with, other than to be helpful
  • Whether this information is valuable to you depends on whether you get value from it

is this available for windows pcs?

• No. Macs only. I have no recommendation or knowledge of a PC equivelant
Userlevel 7
Badge +11

it is a big limitation to automate legacy software or software of companies that do not want to open up APIs 

@Paolon These decisions are ultimately made by the Product and Executive team at Zapier. I’m just speaking personally, and based on what we have been doing and what our ultimate goal is for 2021, I don’t think going after legacy software or API-less software really fits into that. Zapier’s entire reputation has been built on connecting (and writing about) web apps and we currently support over 3,000 of them. 

But again, as we have more and more enterprise customers join we may realize that there’s an opportunity there, to help them connect those programs that have not (and may never) been updated to allow integration. I’d hate to be the one that says “nah, Zapier would never be interested in that” only to have us pursue it in the future. But in the near future, I doubt it will be a thing.

Userlevel 1
Badge

@Paolon These decisions are ultimately made by the Product and Executive team at Zapier. I’m just speaking personally, and based on what we have been doing and what our ultimate goal is for 2021, I don’t think going after legacy software or API-less software really fits into that. Zapier’s entire reputation has been built on connecting (and writing about) web apps and we currently support over 3,000 of them. 

But again, as we have more and more enterprise customers join we may realize that there’s an opportunity there, to help them connect those programs that have not (and may never) been updated to allow integration. I’d hate to be the one that says “nah, Zapier would never be interested in that” only to have us pursue it in the future. But in the near future, I doubt it will be a thing.

ok clear. I think the RPA market is very large potentially larger than the one zapier is in . 

thanks have a nice day

paolo