Best answer

Does PII sent via Facebook Offline Conversions violate Meta TOS?

• 10 January 2024
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

I just want to make sure that when I send pii like first last name, email address, gender so on and so forth that this does not violate meta terms of service for sending personal information. I guess another angle at this is does this get hashed like it would if you sent it via the Facebook pixel in Google tag manager for example?

icon

Best answer by SamB 15 January 2024, 11:12

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @lachlan brown, welcome to the Community! 👋

I’ve checked on this internally and can confirm that you would not be violating Meta’s terms of service by sending personal information using the Facebook Offline Conversions app’s Send Offline Event action. The personal information is hashed using SHA256 as per Meta’s API requirements.

Hope that helps to clarify things. If you have any further questions or if there’s anything else the Community here can help with just let us know! 🙂

Userlevel 1

Thank you so much @SamB that definitely clarifies exactly what I was asking about!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

You are most welcome @lachlan brown. Glad I could help! 🤗

Seems like you’re all set for now but do reach out in the Community again if you need help or clarification on anything else at all. In the meantime, happy Zapping! ⚡