Question

Does "delay by Zapier" aggregate records before the trigger action?

• 10 October 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

Using Airtable as my data source, I need 5 records per day to be emailed to my clients.

Are these Zaps setup correctly?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey @christienlouviere! So long as the Airtable view you’ve selected has been set up to only see 5 records a day, than I would say this looks right to me!

However, by the title of the post, it looks like you’re trying to aggregate all 5 records into a single email, is that so? If you’re looking to aggregate, then you might try our Digest app instead of the Delay app. More info on that here: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496309901453

Userlevel 1

@jesse ah yes. thanks for being proactive on the title piece.

So is the “Zapier Digest” step redundant to SendGrid? The reason I ask is, primarily, I seem to get better direct to inbox results with SendGrid. 

Thanks in advance...great stuff!

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @christienlouviere 

Digest by Zapier will only group all the records you get from Airtable and set to “release” them at a certain time, its very similar to the delay step, only it actually aggregates the data. 

The link @jesse shared is very useful to understand the Digest more. You will still be sending the email with SendGrid. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hope you got the info you are looking for @christienlouviere -- Do not hesitate to update us here if you had more questions =)