Question

Does anyone make this? Google Drive

• 19 May 2020
  • 2 replies

• Anonymous
  • 0 replies

I simply can’t seem to find a Chromebook program for this issue, so I asking… 

I spend most of my day creating, downloading and putting files (mostly .pdf’s) in specific folders (i.e Customers, Work, Personal, etc) on Google Drive. Nothing new there. In a lot of cases, I need to immediately attach those files to Gmail, Contactually, or some other webbase UI I happen to be on at the moment. 

Here’s where the problem comes in.... When I click the attachment paperclick (let’s start with Gmail), Google Drive wants to take me EVERYWHERE BUT WHERE I NEED TO GO to find that file. Sometimes, I get lucky… and it goes to that location I just saved to, but most of the time NO. If one has a fairly detailed file/folder root structure, (God forbid I try to be organized), this can get to be a huge pain in the ass, over and over and over again. 

Logic would dictate that my machine should know where I just saved a file on Google Drive, and/or, the last 5 files I put on Google Drive, in chronological order. 

Does anyone make a helper app, add-on, or whatever for Chromebook to solve this. I would like to “click or hover over something” - see the listing of the last 5 files I saved, click, and magically have that file attached to GMail, or some file search box in a UI… 

Thanks, I would appreciate any clues… 

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @PMac_BHHS! Welcome to the community 🙂

This isn’t something that you would be able to do with Zapier, but perhaps someone has found another way to do this - like you say with an add-on or something similar.

Does anybody use an add-on/helper app in Gmail that allows them to get to the files that they need to attach more quickly?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @PMac_BHHS!

I wanted to check in with you to see if you’d ever found a way around this? I did a bit of searching online but wasn’t able to find anything. It does seem like something fairly simple, but I couldn’t find any ways to solve it.

Maybe if you use a different email application that supports Gmail, rather than using the web-based Gmail? Though you mentioned that you’re on a Chromebook, so that selection of apps might be a bit limited.

If you managed to crack this one, we’d love to hear about it :)