Question

Does anyone know how to link wix automations to Gmail?

• 5 March 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi, I'm praying some kind soul in this community can help me solve this problem.

Summary of main issue/question

Does anyone have any suggestions for me to be able to automate thank you emails from a custom form made in the wix content Manager?

I am using wix as a website provider and I am stuck on the most frustrating problem that I can’t seem to solve. Essentially I decided to make a custom form in the content manager as I didn’t want to be limited by wix’s template forms.

I combined this form with a form data set so that every time someone fills out my form, the information is added to the content manager spreadsheet. Amazing! 

Here’s where my problem begins, because wix doesn’t consider my custom form to be a wix form, I am unable to automate thank you emails to customers in the automation settings on the dashboard. Wix only allows me to select the wix data form section where I can then find my form. The issue is that the only automation that relates to emails is sending one to myself to notify me that the form has been filled, but sending an email to a customer is not listed as an option.

Here is where Zapier comes in

So I figured my best best option was to try link my Gmail account into the automation. The only problem is, is that gmail wants me to put in someone's email address. Whereas I want the zap to collect the person’s email that they entered into the form to be automated. I’ve tried all of the drop down menu items in the send to section that had anything to do with keywords to do with email or contact but none work besides an individual email address.

I hope this made any sense

does anyone have any suggestions for me to be able to automate thank you emails from a custom form made in the wix content Manager?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @Alex100 

That is actually doable (only if WIX sends you the details provided in the form in the email body). 

you can use Email Parser by Zapier as the tirgger, where Zapier will give you an email address to forward your emails to (this can be set automatically in Gmail automatic forwarding). You can then start parsing the email body and retrieve the data easily. You can also use a Code by Zapier step to parse the email body. 

once you get the data you need, you can add a send email step.

Userlevel 1

Hi thanks so much @MohSwellam for your response

I get the idea of what you’re saying but if you could break down the zap for me step by step as I’m very new to this and can’t figure out the entire sequence I would be so greatful.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @Alex100 

Sure, my pleasure! 

Trigger:

• Email Parser by Zapier > Event = New Email > Sign In and create a new account using your zapier login
  • Click on Create Mailbox, you will get an email that looks like this lsjlksjdglkjsg@robot.zapier.com
  • Go to your gmail, forward one of the emails you want to parse 
  • Now you should see it in your Email Parser inbox, you can then start parsing the email to retrieve the info you need (in this case the email from the form)

Action:

• Gmail > Send Email
  • Use the data from the trigger to send the email

Hopefully that was helpful :) 

Userlevel 1

Hi @MohSwellam 

it turns out I missed such an obvious thing and I managed to figure it out. I didn’t even need to use Zapier 😂

In the wix automations setting all I had to do was click a little slider that said sync with contact list and I was able to select the email data field from there. I feel so stupid for missing that but also so relieved that I have the solution.

Thanks so much for all your help, even though I didn’t go with your solution I still appreciate that you responded.