Best answer

Does any ways to avoid incomplete images being uploaded to other storage service?

• 12 January 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

Greetings

I have a question regarding to avoid unready image being uploaded to the next step

This is the setup

1. New image files added in dropbox

2. Upload to somewhere

When image is not fully uploaded to dropbox and is being uploaded to the step 2

partial of the image become gray.

FYI
https://ibb.co/rGRcjfB

Except adding delay 1min after step1. Any other options I can use to avoid this?

thanks🙏🙏

icon

Best answer by blueli 13 January 2023, 07:58

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @blueli 

Good question.

Try these Zap steps.

1. Trigger: Dropbox - New File in Folder
  2. Action: Delay
  3. Action: Dropbox - Find File
    1. This will get the current file version (hopefully fully uploaded version)
  4. Action: ???
Userlevel 1

Hi @Troy Tessalone 

So I have found out what happens with Dropbox.
With the image file, we shall not get the file from the dropbox direct download URL. We will need to use the share URL and format the parameter from dl=0 to dl=1.

In this way, the image file will be the completed version. The direct download link is dynamic, the moment from the data out of Dropbox New Added file Step 1 is an initial version of the link of its represented file which is potentially not fully uploaded and with some grey area on it.

Difficult explaining it with words... But it seems to be fixed as long as we don't use the direct download link for the next step to get the file. 😬

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@blueli Ahh, thanks for coming back to share that solution with us! I’m sure others running into the same issue will benefit from knowing this. 😅