Best answer

Do something after Json file gets updated

Userlevel 1

Hello Together. I’m having an JSON file accessible by an URL. What I want is to send a Slack Message or whatever action as soon something changes in the JSON file. I saw there is the “Retrieve Poll” “Webhook by Zapier” but that doesn't really do what I want. Is there another way I miss out? Thank You, Thomas.

icon

Best answer by ikbelkirasan 4 May 2020, 12:48

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@thomas.niederberger - Where is the JSON file stored? Is it on a server you own? If so, can you implement a webhook system your server to send a request to Zapier when the file changes?

Userlevel 1

It is one of our services, but I can not change there something right now and as everything is in the Json file, like every change as well I’m wondering if there is another way to do it...

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@thomas.niederberger - Then you can only poll for changes. Depending on your Zapier plan, your zap can run every 1-15 minutes. So you could implement a code step as a trigger that would poll that URL and check if its content changed then it would return an object. Otherwise, if no changes were detected, it should return an empty array so that the zap wouldn’t run.