Best answer

Display URL as link in JIRA description via Zapier

• 18 August 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

I’d like to send a google drive URL image link to JIRA through Zapier. Right now, I can only send it as a text and it is quite problematic when I’m dealing with more than 1 link. I have to copy the text and paste it manually in the browser to load it, instead of just clicking it as links in JIRA. 

is this even possible? Can someone help me? Thank you!

icon

Best answer by SamB 4 January 2024, 15:01

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @thezap01 

Good question.

If Jira supports HTML, then you can format links per this help article: https://www.w3schools.com/tags/att_a_href.asp

Userlevel 1

I already tried that but it only went and showed a plain text in JIRA’s description field, with the “a href” strings and all.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@thezap01 

If that’s the case, then it likely means the Jira Zap app integration doesn’t support HTML.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey folks, just circling back here after reading through some related support tickets. It looks like this is not currently possible and that we have created a feature request to allow formatting syntax and If/Then functions in Jira.

No ETA on when you can expect to see this supported but we’ll be following up with any updates on this thread, if/when we have them. Thanks and stay tuned!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi folks, 

I just wanted to pop by here to share that Wiki Markdown formatting is now supported with the Jira Software Cloud app on Zapier! 🎉 You can learn more about how to use it here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/confluence-wiki-markup-251003035.html

With If/Then functionality Jesse mentioned you’d need to use paths or a code action to provide necessary kind of conditional logic needed to set different formatting/text to be output based on certain conditions. 

Please do get in touch if you run into any issues on that, otherwise happy Zapping! ⚡