Best answer

Discord User ID No Data

• 2 April 2022
  • 3 replies

I am trying to set up a Zap that pings the respective user in a Discord Channel after they’ve sent an answer to a google form. The user enters their Discord name and Zap finds them per the “Find User” action. Unfortunately, when using the “Send Channel Message in Discord” action, the User ID input returns “No Data” even though it found the user in the step before. I’ve added screenshots of the Find User and Send Message actions.

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 4 April 2022, 16:27

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Vyrus 

Good question.

Make sure to manually test the Discord Find User step before previewing/testing the next step.

If you are still having issues, please post screenshots with the data points returned from Step 3.

Hi @Vyrus 

Good question.

Make sure to manually test the Discord Find User step before previewing/testing the next step.

If you are still having issues, please post screenshots with the data points returned from Step 3.

Hello Troy

Thank you for your answer. I’ve attached a screenshot of the Find User test. As you can see it manages to acquire a user ID but then cannot transfer that to the next step.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Vyrus 

You’ll likely want to use this User ID variable which is different than the ID variable.

Give that a try.