Skip to main content

What is the difference between 1) "file raw plaintext content" and 2) "File Docx" and 3) "File Txt" when using a google doc in an action?

I want to include text contents (only a bunch of text in the docx – nothing fancy) of a google doc into an action field. All three look promising and it seems that at least "file raw plaintext content" and “File Txt” pretty much behave the same. Is there a difference? And what is it? What am I missing?

Hi @coffee33,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

The difference between the Raw Plaintext Content, File Docx, and File Txt are as follows:

1. Raw Plaintext: This option extracts the content of the Google Doc as plain text.
  2. File Docx: This option extracts the Google Doc as a .docx file.
  3. File Txt: This option saves the Google Doc content as a .txt file, which, like "File Raw Plaintext Content," will only contain plain text.

Basically, the Raw Plaintext and File Txt options are the same both extracts as plain text, but File Txt is a .txt file extension.

Hopefully, this helps!

Thanks for that confirmation. 👍🏼

You are most welcome @coffee33! I’m glad I was able to help!

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to the Community. We’re always happy to help! 🤗