Best answer

Delete Specific Dates in Recurring Event in Google Calendar

• 9 August 2022
  • 2 replies

Hey guys,

Been using Zap for a bit now. Trying out a new backend system that links Airtable and google calendar, by creating a recurring weekly event. I created this Zap to handle instructor assignments for weekly afterschool classes. It creates the google calendar event and invites the right people, which is fantastic.

My question is, can I delete specific dates from these recurring events? Certain weeks there is no school, so it shouldn’t be on the calendar. I tried the search step, finding the event details and trying to filter by specific dates, but it just keeps deleting every instance of the event, not the specific date. Wondering if anyone has any insight! 

icon

Best answer by iCamp-Dan 9 August 2022, 17:38

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

I think I figured out what I was doing wrong! I was able to get it to delete specific dates. I guess each specific date has an event ID, and the whole recurring event has an event ID. So I was able to get the specific date ID through properly searching through the google calendar events

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@iCamp-Dan awesome! Super glad you were able to figure this one out and appreciate you coming back to this thread to share your solution with folks who may be following along. 🙂