Question

delayed notifications from google sheets

Hi I have a google sheet that is populated by orders I receive through woocommerce. I would like to get a notification after 3 days and after 7 days to serve as reminders that I still have an order to fulfill. Any idea how to do this?  I don’t need the notification at the time of change in the sheet bc woocommerce already does that. its the reminder I need.

(ideally there would be someone to automatically tell the spreadsheet when the order has shipped but haven’t figured that out either)

Alternatively, could Zapier automatically create a reminder in my iphone Reminder app? 

Thanks for any help!

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @JHC 

Good question.

One approach is to add Delay steps to the Zap at your desired intervals, then follow that with a GSheet Lookup Row step to get the current data for a row, then follow that with a Filter step to determine if the Zap should continue.

Okay I think I am following you. There is a row that is “Order Date”. So I could delay the zap notification for 72 hours to get an email notification on day 3?

I am a newbie so not really sure how to do this though.

okay I set up a Zap with a delay of 4 days (compromise). I guess i could set up a second Zap with a delay of 7 days? is there anyway to see if this works? (without waiting 4 days?)

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@JHC 

You’d have to use a shorter Delay (e.g. 1 hour) and test.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@JHC

If you wanted to save Zap Tasks, then you can use Airtable instead of GSheets.

Airtable has Views. (segments of data)

Views have Filters. (e.g. Date was X days ago.)

Views can be used to trigger Zaps.

Views can also be used to trigger Airtable Automations.

Airtable Automations can be configured to send an email.

Airtable essentially removes the need for the delay, recheck, filter steps.

one more update- I was able to set up the Zap with the Delay, but because the zap now has two steps I need to update to the premium plan, so that is too expensive for this one task. any other ideas are welcome.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@JHC 

If you wanted to save Zap Tasks, then you can use Airtable instead of GSheets.

Airtable has Views. (segments of data)

Views have Filters. (e.g. Date was X days ago.)

Views can be used to trigger Zaps.

Views can also be used to trigger Airtable Automations.

Airtable Automations can be configured to send an email.

Airtable essentially removes the need for the delay, recheck, filter steps.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @JHC,

Just following up here. Have you had the time to try out Troy’s suggestion? Please let us know if it worked! 😊