Best answer

How do I make a dynamic Delay action based on data from Google Sheets?

• 27 March 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello!

More of a question than a problem. Let me explain the situation: 

The trigger is a new row in my Google Sheets in response to a Google Form. Then I have added a condition: Continue if DAY = today. 

So far there is no problem, the question comes next. Now I want to add a delay, as I have to make a query to an external weather API and I have to make the query based on historical data, so I have to delay 1 day with respect to the date recorded in the Google Sheets response. 

So, my question is
If I delay 1 day the query for this row and another (or others) user answers another questionnaire fulfilling, also, the DAY condition mentioned above, what will happen with this second row? do the rows work independently or until the execution of the first row does not start the execution of the following ones fulfilling the DAY condition?

What I would like:
I would like that if 20 users (for example) answer "today", each row can be executed independently at the same time.

If this already happens this way, I have no more questions, but after reading the documentation I have this doubt. If someone can answer me I will be eternally grateful 🤗 And if something is not clear enough, I can provide more details or screenshots, whatever you need. 

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 27 March 2023, 18:04

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @polmarza 

Good question.

Each Zap Run is independent and can run in parallel, with the exception of using the Delay After Queue.

https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496288754829

Userlevel 1

Thank you very much for answering my question @Troy Tessalone 😊