Best answer

Dates to trigger slack message

• 13 February 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

Hey,

I have a current setup of the following;

new typeform entry -> creates a trello card with the details entered on typeform.

This all works perfectly fine, one of the question on the typeform is 'select a date' question.

I was wondering if there was a way I could now use that date to trigger a slack message.

E.g I want a slack message when the date is approaching, maybe one or two days prior.

Thanks in advance.

icon

Best answer by AndrewJDavison_Luhhu 14 February 2020, 20:11

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @jay9044

So, as long as that date isn't going to be more than 4 weeks away (if they are, my method will produce an error), then you can just use a "Formatter->Date/Time->Delay Until" step and add the date field from Typeform as the input.

Userlevel 1

Hey @AndrewJDavison_Luhhu ,

do you mind elaborating a bit more?

So,

1.I select the formatter and choose date/time as the action

2.and then for the optional value I used the typeform date. (not sure if this is needed).

3.now and a new app of delay until using the optional value from the date/time?

Thanks for helping

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Sorry @jay9044 - I got mixed up!

You first need a "Formatter->Date/Time->Add/Subtract Time step. You'll want to input the date from the typeform and then for the other field do "-2 days" or similar. Test that and you'll get an output date.

Next, you need a "Delay" step. Then select "Delay Until" and you can use the date from previous step.

When the zap runs live, it will pause at that step and won't start again until it hits that date. You can then add the Slack message step after.

Userlevel 1

Thanks !@AndrewJDavison_Luhhu

works like a charm!