Best answer

Date time format issue in SQL Server

• 11 November 2020
  • 2 replies

Hi all

First time posting so hopefully I provide enough information. I’ve searched through the posts and found various date/time format issues but still haven’t been able to resolve my issue.

I have a google form which when completed updates a google sheet. New rows added to this sheet are then sent to create a new row in a database table in our SQL Server.

Column A is a timestamp in Date time format showing as DD/MM/YYYY HH:mm:ss. The Data Out is showing this format correctly.

In the SQL Server step the Data In is still showing this format e.g.

11/11/2020 11:55:57

However the Data Out is showing it in format:

2020-11-11T11:55:57-08:00

I’ve tried adding a Formatter by Zapier step but this hasn’t helped. In this step it is showing correct data in and correct format out.

It seems to be changed during the SQL Server step but I can’t identify why. Can anybody shed some light?

Thanks in advance, help much appreciated.

icon

Best answer by Danvers 13 November 2020, 15:14

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @ITSupport_TSS 

I'm going to flag this post for the Zapier Community Team. They should have more insight on this and can escalate to the support team if needed.

Sit tight, and someone will contact you soon.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @ITSupport_TSS, you did a great job of phrasing your question, thanks!

The most common reason why you’d see one thing for data in and something else for data out is when the app you’re sending the information to is doing something to it after it receives it. In this case, that means that the Zap is sending the information in the right format, but SQL is doing something when it receives it. 

The first thing to do is to double-check the format of the column in SQL server - if it’s set to something different then it will change the format of the date/time stamp when it receives it from the Zap. If the settings there look good, double-check the Google sheet (I find the Google Sheets likes to monkey with formats when you’re not looking!) - specifically make sure that the format for that column is set to be exactly what you need it to be. 

If you’ve checked both then the next thing to do would be to contact the Zapier Support Team as they can take a closer look at the data in and out with you. The best way to get in touch with them is by using the Get Help form.