Question

Date more than 1 month

• 4 April 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

We are organizing events.

The trigger is Trello, if a label is put on a card.

The event's data is looked up in a Giigle Sheets table, which also has a date.

The zap after many steps should wait till the event's date -2 days. I use the delay task for that, it is formatter that creates the date data.

This all works fine, but if the event's [date-2day] is further in time compared to the trigger date, than 1 month, the zap stops with an error message, "Delay date can not be longer than 1 month".

We do have events which are in the next month, so further in time than the zap triggers.

I need the zap to send a reminder email to the client exactly 2 days before the event.

Do you have a suggestion how to work this out?

Thank you.

Cheers, Michael

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @mihalytoth!

The Delay by Zapier integration can’t handle delays of over a month, which is why you’re running into that error. Don’t worry, there’s a way that you can set up some Zaps that will do exactly what you need them to. 

The best way to work around the time limit on the delay is to use Google Calendar. You add the event to Google Calendar and then trigger a Zap based on the start date of the event. You can set it up so that a Zap triggers two days before the event. 

You can learn more about how to do that in this article:

​I hope that helps, please let us know if you have any questions!

Userlevel 1

This is not a solution for me.

I have a workflow, and in it we get data from a trello card, lokking up many data from google sheets. We have to use that.

Your soultion suggests a new zap, so no data will be passed there.

Actually it is not even an answer to my question.

My question is: is there a workaround to be able to use delay or any other solutions to wait till an exact date?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @mihalytoth 

I’m sorry that my last reply wasn’t helpful for you. 

To answer your question simply: there isn’t a workaround to use Delay for dates more than one month away. 

In terms of my suggestion, it sounds like the issue is that you need a lot of information you get when the Zap triggers, so any solution would also need that information. Is that right?

There are a couple of ways that you can do this:

1. In your first Zap, add the relevant information from Trello into the Google Calendar event (eg in the description). That way, when a Zap is triggered by an event, all of the information will be there. 
  2. You can use Storage by Zapier to store the information. To do that, have your first Zap create a Google Calendar event. Then, use the ID of that calendar event as a storage key for storage by Zapier and add all of the information from Trello at that key. When the arrival of the event triggers the second Zap, you can use the ID to find the correct information in Storage, which you can then use in the rest of your Zap. 

Would either of those solutions work for you? Thanks!