Question

Date format issue exporting from Bubble to Google Sheets with Zapier plugin

• 15 May 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi,

After triggering a zap from Bubble.io (live database), I received in my Google Sheet a date with the following format: 2023-09-23T03:00:00.000+00:00, which is not recognized as a date format by Google Sheet. I need the new data to be recognized as a date by Google Sheet for pivot table updating.

When I tested the action (create spreadsheet row to Google Sheets) within Zapier, Zapier used a date from Bubble development database and created a new row in the Google Sheet with the date being formated correctly: 2021-05-01 13:00:00

What can I do to have the 2021-05-01 13:00:00 formating in the live environment?

Thanks.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Olivier_Airbuzz 

Good question.

Try using this Zap action: Formatter > Date / Time > Format Date

Userlevel 1

Thank you, @Troy Tessalone!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Olivier_Airbuzz! 👋

Just wanted to add to Troy’s suggestion here to mention that to get that Formatter (Date / Time > Format Date) action to output the date exactly as 2021-05-01 13:00:00 you’d need to use a custom format (YYYY-MM-DD HH:mm:SS).

To do that, in the To Format field you’d need to select the Custom value option and then type in the desired format directly into the field. For example:
244f95aa4b791e0b7481bc324a797172.png

You can find out more about the different date/time formats available here: Modify date and time formats in Zaps

It’s not always necessary to set the From Format but if you find that it’s outputting the incorrect date then selecting the From Format to match what Bubble.io is sending over will help to make sure it’s interpreting the date it receives correctly. 

Hope that helps. Keen to ensure you’re all set here so please do keep us updated on how you get on!