Question

Data schema mapping issues in Updated Spreadsheet Row in Google Sheets -> Update Product in WooCommerce

• 24 February 2023
  • 3 replies

Trigger: New or Updated Spreadsheet Row in Google Sheets

Action: Update Product in WooCommerce

I’d like to update my WooCommerce product catalog whenever there are updates to the Google Sheet containing the product catalog.

I’m running into issues while trying to map the schema of my sheet to WooCommerce, specifically the attributes columns.

When I add my attributes, instead of treating them as separate attributes, it aggregates all the columns into a single attribute.

Weirdly, this doesn’t happen when I insert multiple metadata columns.

Any tips?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, @onlywallets! Thanks for reaching out in the community - we definitely want to help!

This may seem silly, but does adding a space and/or comma between the attribute values separate them into line items? I’m fairly confident the “Update Product” action does support line items so that may be all it needs!

Alternatively, you may need a Formatter Step in between to create separate mappable values:

I hope some of this helps! Please keep us posted!

Sadly neither spaces, commas, dashes, semicolons, etc. appear to separate the attributes.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @onlywallets 

Good question.

Help article about using line items in Zaps for reference: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496277737997

In the WooCommerce action, the Attributes section can handle line items, and generally those need to be comma delimited. (e.g. 33,34)