Best answer

data from google form/sheet to google map

• 12 October 2022
  • 1 reply

Hi Everyone, 

I’m looking a way to create a zap that will take the data from google sheet or google form to add the location automatically on either a google map or some map program. 

So when someone enters data (such as location - state/city) to the google form, it will automatically update a google map or mapping program.

We’re trying to create a member directory where they can add a name, location, details to a google form and it will automatically update to a map. 

If anyone has an idea or suggestions, it would be gratefully appreciated! 

Thanks!!

icon

Best answer by Danvers 13 October 2022, 06:32

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Mrdean, welcome to the Community!

I can’t think of a map app that has an integration with Zapier, so this will likely be difficult to do. If there isn’t an integration available, you can use webhooks to send and receive information to an API, but you’d need to have at least a working knowledge of how to work with APIs for that. 

I found a couple of resources that might help if you do go down that route. The first explains how to add points to a google map by importing data, which will help you to understand how Google reads that kind of data to create a visual on the map: visualizing data tutorial. The second is from the Google maps API documentation and explains how to send that kind of information via the API: Google developer documentation

I hope that helps!