Best answer

Data fields empty

• 24 January 2023
  • 2 replies

Hello! I am running into this issue and hope someone can help me out.

I use a Jotform for new hires to ask a few simple questions, no personal information is requested- the questions are basically asking if they are happy with the job, do they feel valued at work, etc. I set up a Zap to trigger and transfer that data into AirTable, however somewhere along the way it’s not working properly. The data being entered in Jotform is pulling up blank on Zapier, therefor making it load blank on AirTable as well. I’ve tried a few different things but nothing seems to work. Any idea what I’m possibly doing wrong? I am pretty savvy on Zapier so everything is plugged in properly.

Any advice is greatly appreciated! 

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 24 January 2023, 16:13

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Crowtalk 

Good question.

Help article about how to change the Zap trigger test data: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496310366093

There are several settings that can cause your JotForm values to appear incorrect or not appear at all. Please check the following settings:

Europe datacenter

If you see blank values or values like “N/A” and your JotForm account is not based in the United States, you may need to change your JotForm settings.

• In JotForm, go to your data settings.
  • Clear the Europe Datacenter field.
  • In Zapier, go to My Apps.
  • Click Add connection.
  • Search for and select JotForm.
  • In the dialog box, select No for the Do you use European datacenters field.

HIPAA compliance

If your JotForm account has HIPAA compliance enabled, Zapier won’t receive values for any protected fields.

If you don’t need HIPAA-compliant forms, you can disable that feature:

• In JotForm, go to your data settings.
  • Click Disable HIPAA Compliance
  • In Zapier, go to My Apps.
  • Click Add connection.
  • Search for and select JotForm.
  • In the dialog box, select No for the Account HIPAA compliant? field.

Form settings

If you see long alphanumeric strings instead of your form values, you’ll need to disable the Encrypt Form Data setting.

• In your form, click Settings.
  • In the left sidebar, click Form settings.
  • In the Encrypt Form Data field, select No.

Thank you so much for your response. I got it working with you help!