Question

Customizable Multipage Reports as PDF from Airtable

• 11 February 2021
  • 3 replies

Curious if anyone has any suggestions or can help us….

Looking for help with creating customizable multipage PDF reports from our Airtable data!

Currently we’re using Google Docs to create a report, each with it’s own master header, with a varying amount (2-50) of cues (records), each cue needing it’s own group header and each having it’s own set of specific data (10-20 columns). Usually they run anywhere from 2-10 pages long. Our recipients need it in this format. We’d love to have it be aesthetically easy to read, with customizable color coding.

Printing as PDF directly from Airtable isn’t working due to formatting, grid spacing, longer descriptions getting cut off, and inadequate headers. Page Designer isn’t working due to only having 1 record per page (even 2 doesn’t work if I “halve” the printing dimensions), and I suspect the same would happen with a Zap, that without the Sheet adjusting for these ranges, that formulas wouldn’t work - for context, sometimes 1 project (report) has 8-20 episodes, and each episode has 1-30 cues, and each cue can have 2-8 songs… that is a ton of range, so set dimensions for each record just causes excessive blank space, like in the case where there’s only 2. Does that make sense?

Since we’re a small company, monthly subscriptions to pricey report-creating software (like Formstack) is not ideal. But really open to any solutions that could get us away from copying and pasting all this data from Airtable to Google Sheets!

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Olivia.SMV ,

Great to see you here and a very interesting request you have! We actually created something similar like this just a week ago. 
The solution we provided to one of or clients automatically creates PDF documents from the data we give it. This PDF solution is an application developed by ourselves so we got full manageability, and can be called from a webhook. You are also stating something about Google Sheets copy & pasting (but not completely sure what you mean) but I would imagine we can also think about something for this.

Feel free to schedule in a meeting with me: https://calendly.com/foryourit/strategy

~Bjorn

Hi Bjorn, I’m here in the meeting and emailed you. Are you still able to do a consultation this morning? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Olivia.SMV 

Was @ForYourIT able to help you with this?

Please let us know, thanks.