Best answer

Custom Field not available for card creation

• 19 October 2022
  • 3 replies

Whenever I’m trying to push a new card in to Trello I cannot populate my custom field.

My idea is to push google calendar start & end times of events into cards.

By default the ‘Start’ is available, I created the ‘end’ but I cannot seem to be able to populate it.

icon

Best answer by Paolo 26 October 2022, 05:52

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, @Dragomir! Thanks for stopping by in the community. Sorry to hear you’re running into this!

It sounds like you’re using the “Create New Card” action in Trello, is that right? Are you able to clarify where you’d like the start/end times to populate on your card?

If it helps, the dates can be populated in places like the description but the only true supported date field in Trello is “Due Date”. At the moment, the “Start Date” field isn’t supported though there is an open feature request for this. 

If that’s the field you’re after, let us know and I’m happy to add your vote to that feature request!

Either way, keep us posted and we’re happy to review this further with you. 🙂

Hi Christina,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, please put in that vote for me :)

I was also inquiring about the exposure of a custom created field - i.e I can create custom fields on the cards for each board.

My end goal is to use ‘start’ & ‘end’ date/time fields to measure time & process completion.

Let me know if you would like me to expand on that or you have enough information.

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi @Dragomir, hope you’re doing well!

With regards to custom fields, those would show up if the Zap is using the “Create Card” action. Also, you’ll need to ensure that the a board is selected using the “Board” dropdown for the custom fields to show up. 

Also, we’ve added your vote for the issue Christina mentioned above. As soon as we have an update, we’ll both email you and share it on that thread.