Skip to main content
Question

Custom field from Gumroad (Name) not being sent via zap to Mailchimp or to Notion database

• 22 August 2024
  • 6 replies

Hello,

I have a variety of zaps setup to do two things:

1. send my gumroad leads to my data warehouse in Notion
  2. send my gumroad leads to my mailchimp for nurturing via email 

For some reason, I cannot seem to capture the first name (or full name for that matter) from gumroad. Gumroad only gives the option to send full name (which I’ve tried too) and each time it just shows the cell as empty in both my data warehouse in Notion as well as in the contact card in Mailchimp.

As one solution, I created a custom field in gumroad called ‘First name’ that is asks people to type in during check-out. However I cannot find this custom field in Zapier to map it correctly. I read online it can take up to 48 hours after a custom field is created in Gumroad, for it to show up in your Zaps as a selection. It’s been weeks now and I still cannot see it. 

Am I missing a step? This is very frustrating as I utilize first name mapping in my emails to personalize them, and currently the first name is blank because it’s not grabbing ‘first name’ from gumroad when a download or sale occurs for my digital products. 

Help please! This seems so simple, I’m frustrated I can’t seem to figure it out!  

Hi @Dlunz 

Check your Zap Runs history details to see the DATA IN/OUT for each step to help you trace the data flow and troubleshoot: https://zapier.com/app/history/

Post screenshots from the Zap Runs to give us true context.

Post screenshots with how your Zap steps are outlined and configured in EDIT mode too.

You may need to do this:

Hi @Troy Tessalone, thanks for the guidance! Here are some screenshots of my zap setup and data in/data out report. Grabs contact after sale occurs, sends to mailchimp, name field is missing. Could it be because Gumroad captures full name, and mailchimp has a first name (merges_FNAME) / last name as two separate fields? I really only need first name going into my mailchimp. 

Appreciate any help you can provide!

@Dlunz 

Perhaps Gumroad does not require name to be submitted for a Sales, thus why there is no value.

For your specific example, are you able to see the full name in the Gumroad backend?

Yeah it’s odd right, seems like an essential data point to collect, along with email. I then created a custom field within Gumroad checkout called ‘first name’, however I cannot see this custom field in Zapier to choose it. There are other custom fields that show up in Zapier (that I did not create), but not the ‘first name’ custom field I created in Zapier. 

See other random custom Gumroad fields populating in Zapier. (tested both of these just to see and no data was collected with the text submissions)

No field populates when I search ‘first name’, even though I have a custom field created in Gumroad called ‘First Name’ and tested the checkout and a first name field is required as you checkout. 

This seems like it should be such a simple fix, but I cannot figure out the error here!

Thanks for your help!

@Dlunz 

You may have to try reaching out to Gumroad Support for help with their Zap app integration.

I see name in Gumroad’s backend of my sales for some leads, but not all, so it does collect it, must not be a required field.. 

OK will try gumroad support, thank you for your time @Troy Tessalone