Best answer

Creating records in Airtable - how to link them in the Zap

• 28 June 2021
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1

Here’s what I’m attempting to do…..

I have an intake Paperform that our staff use. The submission of that form is the trigger. From the information gathered there, we want to create a new record in two different Airtable tables - and then link those records to each other. So it kinda looks like this….

Paperform —> Create new Airtable record in Pets table —> Create new Airtable record in Clients table —>….and then link the two new records to each other. 

That last step is the part I’m having trouble with. What is the best way to do that? Do I add a “find” step for either of the records that we created in previous steps (does that even work)? What’s the best way to use the “Update Record” action to link records together in Airtable?

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 28 June 2021, 19:12

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Hal 

Check out this help article: https://support.airtable.com/hc/en-us/articles/206452848-How-to-link-records-in-Airtable

You need to have a Link field in your Airtable Tables.

Then in your Zaps, you need to map the ID of the record created in Step 2 to the record created in Step 3 in the Link field.