Skip to main content
Best answer

Creating payment in Xero

• 12 November 2020
  • 4 replies

Hi, I have created a zap that links a gravity form payment to Xero, and it all works well. I’ve tried to add a an additional Xero stage that creates a payment for that invoice, so they’ll be marked as paid in Xero. It just doesn't seem to work, and I think the issue is the Document ID or Number in that final stage.

I’m not sure what it’s referring to and have tried pretty much everything. I’ve selected the invoice numbers in the first stage are created automatically. When i test it I receive a Validation Exception Notice - invoice cannot be found. Any ideas?

thanks for you help!

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi there, 

just to clarify, you are creating a sales invoice and then creating a payment to the invoice that was just created? 

It sounds like you need to put the Invoice number that is returned from the “Create Invoice” step into the “Create Payment” step. Can you share a screenshot for further clarification on your set up?

Thanks!

Thanks so much for the speedy response! Yes, that’s exactly what I’m doing. 

How would you input the invoice number that’s created into the create payment step? Thanks so much - I’ve been doing this for hours!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

In step two, there should be an invoice number or Document ID returned after you run the test, I am not quite sure what it will be labeled as. That’s the field you’ll want to pass to step three as the doc id using the custom input tab.