Skip to main content

I’m new to Zapier and this is hurting my brain.
So far, I have leads from Facebook ads coming into Zapier and then creating leads in salesforce, then being added to a campaign. (although I selected a specific lead in the “Add to Campaign” action, and it only works that one time. The goal is to be more dynamic.)

Below is the general idea of what I’m trying to achieve. I want to check Salesforce for a lead or contact. If a contact or lead exists, move it to a campaign. IF neither exist, create new lead and move it to a campaign.

Do I need another path - If Contact Does Not Exist?, If Lead Does Not Exist?

Any help is appreciated. I think I really just need an idea of what the path branches would look like.

Thanks,

Shannon

Overview 

1. Trigger: New Lead from Facebook Lead Ads
  2. Action: Find Existing Contact in Salesforce Using License Number of FB lead
  3. Action: Find Existing Lead in Salesforce Using License Number of FB lead
  4. Conditional Paths: Check if Contact or Lead Exists
  5. Path 1: If Contact Exists (ID from step 2)
    • Action: Add Existing Contact to Campaign
    • Action: Send Email Notification with Dynamic Content (An Existing Contact has been added to a Campaign..)
  6. Path 2: If Lead Exists (ID from Step 3)
    • Action: Add Existing Lead to Campaign
    • Action: Send Email Notification with Dynamic Content (An Existing Lead has been added to a Campaign..)
  7. Path 3: If Neither Exists
    • Action: Create New Lead in Salesforce
    • Action: Add New Lead to Campaign
    • Action: Send Email Notification with Dynamic Content (A New Lead had been created and added to a Campaign..)

Hi @ShannonD 

To help us have true context, post screenshots with how your Zap steps are outlined and configured in EDIT mode.

For the Salesforce Campaign steps, you can map (using the CUSTOM tab) the Contact/Lead Record ID from a previous step to make that dynamic.

NOTE: For many Zap “find/search” actions, there is often a checkbox option to create if not found, thus resulting in a step “find/create” step, where an existing record will be found based on search criteria, else if an existing record is not found, then a new record is created.

The below zap is not complete and definitely not ready to even test. I’m just trying to get some direction on how to proceed. I’m not clear on how the paths function or what way might be the cleanest to accomplish this.

I had a simpler zap working that simply took a lead from FB, sent it to salesforce and added it to a campaign, then sent an email, and it worked fine, so I know my connection to Salesforce is working. This is an attempt at a more refined version.

Step  3 is looking for an existing salesforce contact based on the license number of the incoming lead.

Step  4 is looking for an existing salesforce lead based on the license number of the incoming lead.

The paths look at:

Path A If step 3 exists add the existing contact to a campaign using the contact id it found.

Path B If step 4 exists add the existing lead to a campaign using the lead id it found.

Path C If step 3 & 4 don’t exist then create a new lead and add it to a campaign.

Note: Step 13 & 14 are redundant. 13 will be deleted.

The emails send the lead info with a note at the top identifying it as:

A  An existing contact was added to a campaign

B  An existing lead was added to a campaign

C  A new lead was created and added to a campaign

Thank you,

Shannon

@ShannonD 

Can you elaborate more about which specific steps you need help with?

Make sure to include screenshots for context.

Info about Paths: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496288555917

Info about Filters: https://zapier.com/apps/filter/help

For each Path you can set the logic for how to treat that Path.

It’s possible for multiple Paths to be processed.