Question

Creating Order in Shopify with actual Products (SKUs, variants...)

• 17 February 2023
  • 3 replies

Hi,

I run a platform that sells clothes, I source from different brands.

These brands run Shopify stores. I created a Zap which is triggered for each order I receive.

It actually makes an order in my partners' Shopify BUT it doesn't link to their products. Consequently, it doesn't decrease their stocks and makes it difficult for them to fulfill the orders. Even if I try to "Find Product By Title", I can’t make it work. I might be misusing Zapier but it's an issue.

You'll find attached what I get with Zapier and what I'd like to get. In addition, I can't fill the field "Shipping" or "Delivery Method" via Zapier.

The field doesn't exist.

So what am I supposed to do?

I sincerely hope you'll be able to help me 🙏

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hey there @RiverFlaws! I noticed you mention an attached file but I’m not seeing it come through on our end. Can you please reattach the screenshots of your Zap so we can take a closer look at what’s going on?

Oopsy!

My bad indeed 😅

Here’s what I get right now :

And here’s what I’d like to get :

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @RiverFlaws!

I see you’ve been chatting with our friends in Support! Sharing their suggested workflow below in case other members run into a similar hurdle.

I hope that does the trick but if you encounter any additional questions just reply to your open ticket and the team can dive in deeper!

1. Trigger — Order in WooCommerce (WooCommerce)
  2. Action — Filter by Zapier
  3. Action — Formatter by Zapier (Event: Utilities then Transform: Lookup Table)
  4. Action — Find Product by Title (Shopify)
  5. Action — Create Order (Shopify)

Regarding the stocks to be decreased: if you have a Product ID, you MUST also have a Variant ID. Both fields need to match for a product to be found/used in the order creation.

Here's a guide from Shopify on how to find Variant IDs: https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/using-themes/change-the-layout/find-variant-id.