Question

Creating multiple dates in Google Sheets from recurring events in Google Calendar

• 11 April 2023
  • 2 replies

I have a Zap that creates a row in google sheets from an event date in google calendar.

How do I do this for every date in a recurring google calendar event?

As an example, I basically want to auto-populate google sheets to give me every date in 2023 for an event that happens on the “1st and 3rd Thursdays every month”

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hey there @Jarry,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

I did some digging into this, and it seems like if you want the Zap to trigger on recurring events in Google Calendar. You might want to use the “Event Start” trigger.

Here is how I see the Zap for the workflow that you have in mind:

1. Trigger: Google Calendar (Event Start)
  2. Action: Google Sheets (Create Spreadsheet Row)

We hope this helps, and we'd love to hear how it goes once you've given it a try. Let us know if you have any other questions or concerns. Have a great day! 😊

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Jarry!

The Google Calendar New Event trigger wont trigger for every event in the series. This is because by default Google will repeat the event infinitely, which as you can imagine would cause difficulty in a Zap (it would add infinite rows in your Google Sheet!).

If you use the trigger Event Start, the Zap will trigger for each event in the series (at the time that it starts) and that will allow you to add a row in Google sheets for every event. You can set the event Start trigger to trigger a certain amount of time before the event. For example, you could set it so that events are added to the sheet 1 week before they are due to start. 

​I hope that's clear, please let us know if you have any questions!