Best answer

Creating google drive folders from google form responses, but does not create one if it already excist or has a small variation of it.

• 25 October 2022
  • 4 replies

Hello there Zapier Community!

We've been doing Zapier for a while and so far we love it. We're only stuck with a certain Zap.

Description:

So what we would like is that we create a folder in Google Drive for a specific customer from a Google Form Response. So there is a possibility that two customers have to fill in the forum for 1 product. These customers then fill in the same title of the product, but sometimes in a different way.

Now my question is whether this can be checked for certain words by means of filters, whether or not zapier creates it.

We've been looking and trying for a while but it doesn't work.

Hope you can help me!

icon

Best answer by MohSwellam 25 October 2022, 13:52

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @Kelvin Ruijters ,

If I understand correctly, you do NOT want to create a folder if it already exists in Google Drive? In order to do that, the best way is to use the action “Find a Folder” in “Google Drive” and click on “Create Google Drive Folder if it doesn’t exist yet?”. 

Doe that help ? 

Hi there MohSwellam,

Thanks for the response! Yes we have done that, but the thing is that some clients fill in the same name slightly different. We’re looking for a way that it can recognize only one or two words. If then Zapier finds it, it won’t create a new one. 

Example

1ste client: Kelvin - Crab House (feat. Rutger) 

2nd client: Kelvin x Rutger - Crab House

It’s the same project, but they name it differently, so we’re looking for a way that Zapier is only recognizing two words. In this case ‘Crab’ and ‘House’

Thanks for taking the time btw! Really appreciate it 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @Kelvin Ruijters 

Unfortunately that wouldn't be possible using the native integration, you can however use Webhooks by Zapier to do that fuzzy match

You can check the process for that here :) 

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/63380934/folder-search-for-title-contains-is-doing-a-fuzzy-search-not-exact

Hi @MohSwellam,

Ah that’s unfortunately, but we’ll have a look into it. Thanks for helping me out!