Best answer

Creating Folders in Sharefile Under New Client Folders?

• 26 October 2021
  • 4 replies

Hi there,

We were using a webhook in Salesforce to trigger the creation of a new folder in Citrix Sharefile labeled with the name of the client every time they hire us. However, we switched to having a third party app add the client’s parent folder so that any financial information uploaded into that app will go directly to Sharefile. 

This creates an issue with our old work flow, as we now need a way to add the sub folder template to the newly added client folder. It would be ideal if there was a way to look up a folder (which does not currently exist in the API) or if we could somehow only trigger it to upload to the most recently created folder under a certain parent folder. So far I have not been able to find a creative solution for this. Can this be done using Zapier?

Thanks in advance

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 26 October 2021, 23:09

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @cmaccall 

Zap app integrations are built on top of the app’s API/webhooks.

So, if the Citrix ShareFile API does not have an endpoint for finding Folders, then you may be out of luck.

You may have to maintain a GSheet or Airtable mapping of the parent folders in order to use in a lookup step.

So, if the Citrix ShareFile API does not have an endpoint for finding Folders, then you may be out of luck.

You may have to maintain a GSheet or Airtable mapping of the parent folders in order to use in a lookup step.

Thanks @Troy Tessalone,

I figured that might be the case. Is there a way to have Sharefile work with a URL rather than an app-specific command (ie a Sharefile command) within Zapier? I tried mapping out the client folder IDs in a GSheet and at the step in Zapier asking Sharefile to add a new folder, selected the mapped URL as the parent folder (ie in the Sharefile action in Zapier for “Parent Folder”, entered “https://account.sharefile.com/home/shared/” and then followed with the GSheet folder ID for the newly created folder), but when testing, it just hangs at “Loading” and never completes the test.

If there is no way to have it act on a URL, how can I get the GSheet mapping to refer Sharefile to where to create the new folders?

Thanks again.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@cmaccall 

You’ll likely have to leverage the GSheet lookup to determine the Client Parent Folder, then map (using the ‘Custom’ mapping option) that Citirx Folder ID value to the next step to determine where to create new subfolders or upload files.

@Troy Tessalone 

It looks like there was some sort of issue that got resolved from starting over - before, if I used the folder ID by itself, it produced an error. After resetting the zap and starting from scratch and adding a different new spreadsheet row, it appears to work after just using the folder ID in the parent folder setting. Thanks!