Best answer

Creating a Zap tosend a document to Evernote

• 13 August 2020
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1

I’m trying to workaround some changes to the Evernote program I use regularly. What I need to do is trigger a zap that would put the document (eg a PDF of DOC file) into an Evernote note.

I’m struggling with the first part - triggering a zap when a document appears in a folder in Windows 10.

Anyone have any insight?

icon

Best answer by jpot 13 August 2020, 23:33

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hello! My name is Justin and I write for the Zapier blog. Nice to meet you!

There’s currently no way to trigger based on documents appearing in a particular folder on Windows—you need to use a cloud service as the trigger. Happily there are plenty of apps that can sync folders from Windows over to the cloud. Dropbox and OneDrive are both great choices.

ropbox recently added the ability to sync over the Desktop and Downloads folders, actually. Here’s more details about that if you’re interested: https://zapier.com/blog/back-up-desktop-folders-to-dropbox/

I hope this is helpful! Let me know if not and we can keep brainstorming. 

Userlevel 1

Thanks Justin.  I’m not sure why this didn’t even come to my mind… Too focused on a particular route to a solution ;)

Of course it has to be a cloud based option otherwise the zap could not connect!

Appreciate your patient and helpful response.