Question

Creating a Zap to use multiple rows from google sheets with a unique identifier or excel and sending via gmail

I have a spreadsheet (can be in google sheets or excel) that has 529 rows.  One of the columns is a unique identifier alpha numeric number.  There can be multiple rows for each of the unique identifier.  There is an email address in a column associated with each of the identifiers. 

I need an action that grabs all rows with the unique identifier and emails all rows as one email to the email address listed using Gmail.

Any thoughts on how to do this with Zaps?

Thanks

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @satkinson 

Good question.

Here’s what I’d recommend...

Convert the GSheet to an Airtable Base: https://zapier.com/apps/airtable/integrations#triggers-and-actions

You can then link multiple email records to 1 unique ID record.

That way when you find the record with the unique ID, it can be configured to return the linked emails.

I didn’t explain myself well.  Here’s my example data  - I need 1 email sent per ID but the email needs to contain the data from multiple rows

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@satkinson 

GSheet has some options to find multiple rows, but there are limitations:

Otherwise, the recommendation for converting your GSheet to Airtable would be another approach ton consider for your use case.

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hey @satkinson! I just wanted to check in here and see if you were able to come up with a solution for your zap? 

No i was not 

Thanks