Best answer

Creating a Zap for Daily Sales Data

• 3 December 2019
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 3

I have a Google Spreadsheet that I update daily with sales data from a variety of marketplaces (ie, Amazon, eBay, Walmart, etc). I'm trying to figure out a way that once a day, Zapier will pull the previous days sales and place them in their respective columns.

Capture.PNGI've watched a read a few of the provided tutorials but the best I've been able to do is a triggered event for individual sales on any given marketplace. I'd need them added up and separated by day.

icon

Best answer by AndrewJDavison_Luhhu 3 December 2019, 21:18

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @jtek

So, with those zaps that trigger on each sale, you should keep a sales total tally using a "Zapier Storage->Increment Value" step, creating a value key for each store.

Storage by Zapier Integrations | Connect Your Apps with Zapier Then you'd have another zap with a "Schedule by Zapier" trigger. It would run daily, get the values for all the stored keys, then create/update a row on the Google Sheet, and then (crucially) reset all the storage keys back to zero, read for the new day's sales.

Does that make sense?

Userlevel 3

Hmmm...I see. It does make sense, thank you @AndrewJDavison_Luhhu .

So 2 Zaps. One that conducts the tally and another that posts the update.

Interesting. I'm assuming this is the most cost efficient method?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@jtek - It will be one zap for each sales source, then one single daily zap that retrieves the tally.

Userlevel 3

@AndrewJDavison_Luhhu

Lets say I have 5 marketplaces and each has 10 orders on a given day.

1 Zap for all 10 sales (x 5 marketplaces) = 50 Zaps + 1 Tally

or

1 Zap for each marketplace = 5 Zaps + 1 Tally

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

So @jtek - there would be:

1x Amazon orders zap (for all orders)

1x Walmart orders zap (for all orders)

1x eBay orders zap (for all orders)

etc...

Then just 1x daily tally zap... it would have "Storage->Get Value" steps for each marketplace and then then one "Google Sheets->Create Row" step, followed by a steps to reset all the values for each marketplace back to 0.

Userlevel 3

Got it. Thank you!