Question

Creating a new deal in Hubspot from Google Form with related contact

• 3 February 2024
  • 10 replies

I’m trying to build a google form that creates a new deal in Hubspot upon submission. Overall this seems to be working but the deal created is not associated with a contact.

The form asks for an email but I can’t figure out how to use that address to associate the relevant contact record.

On a related note, I have a date field in the form but it does not show up when I’m mapping the data to the relevant Hubspot property.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @agilebrain 

Wondering if it makes more sense to use native HubSpot Forms: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/forms/create-forms

Try these Zap steps:

1. Trigger: GForms - New Submission
  2. Action: HubSpot - Create/Update Contact
  3. Action: HubSpot - Create Deal
  4. Action: HubSpot - Create Associations
    1. Deal to Contact

Let me see if I can make it work, I’m just learning Zapier but that looks like it can work

Let me see if I can make it work, I’m just learning Zapier but that looks like it can solve my problem.

Are there instructions somewhere on how to setrup the association step? I’m a little stuck

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@agilebrain 

Post screenshots with how your Zap step is configured to give us context.

Sure.

I think I have the first step to create the deal setup correctly, associating a contact is where I’m stuck.

You can see how it’s configured in the attached screenshots (in 2 parts because the col was a little too long. I’m not sure if I’m doing it in the right order or using the right field for the ID.

Basically, I want to take form data (custom and standard fields/properties), create a Hubspot deal, and associate that deal with the relevant Hubspot Contact(s).

Thanks for your help

Peter

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@agilebrain 

Images could not be loaded.

Not sure why that’s not working but maybe you can view the screenshots on my shared drive.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1VV2JdP0gyGow4pUu_CyrPoFlXKYIkw2g?usp=sharing

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@agilebrain 

Looks like your Zap is missing some of the recommended steps.

Try these Zap steps:

1. Deal to Contact

The field label indicates you must provide the HubSpot ID.

In this case, you would need provide the HubSpot Contact ID.

This is part of what got me stuck. I can ask for and email address in the form but how do I use that to find the related ID?

I do see the option for the ID in the Zapier Associations step but Im guessing that it is the Deal ID and no contact (is this what I need?)

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@agilebrain 

Looks like your Zap is missing some of the recommended steps.

Try these Zap steps:

1. Deal to Contact