Best answer

Creating a detailed Zap

• 16 September 2020
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 2

Hello!  I am new to Zapier and wondering if a certain type of Zap can be created and if so if I can do it myself or if I would need to hire a professional.  

I want to connect my my Gmail and Sharefile together using Zapier.  The Zap I am looking to create is not a specific zap.  I know it will require some coding -- I am thinking.  Each client of mine has their own Sharefile folder.  I want to be able to create 2 zaps. 

One - When a client emails us a document I want that document to go directly to the client’s Sharefile folder so we don’t have to upload it or move it mannually.

Two - When we upload a specific type of document to client’s Sharefile folder we want the client to receive a templated email pertaining to that document.

Is this possible to do with Zapier and if so, can I do it myself?

Thank you for your time and input!

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 18 September 2020, 16:13

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Should be doable, and will likely need a separate Zap per Client in order to map the Gmail trigger to the GDrive Folder, and vice versa for GDrive folder to Gmail send email.

ZAP 1

1. Trigger: Gmail - New Email Matching Search (e.g. has:attachment)
    1. NOTE: Will need to be configured differently if receiving more than 1 attachment per email. (Trigger: Gmail - New Attachment + Action: Filter)
  2. Action: GDrive - Upload File

ZAP 2

1. Trigger: GDrive - New File in Folder
  2. Action: Gmail - Send Email
Userlevel 2

@Troy Tessalone  - thank you so much for your input.  That would be a lot of work I have over 400 clients.

Someone was saying that I could create a spreadsheet with client’s email in one column and the link to their folder in another and use that as a map to direct the zaps.  Would something like this be possible?  I wouldn’t even know how to map that via Zapier.  Would you have any insight on that?

Thanks so much

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Yes,you can use a GSheet - Lookup Row action.

Userlevel 2

@Troy Tessalone  - How would the GSheet - Lookup Row Action be added to the zap.  Would it go between the two app as a formatter, filter or just another app step?  Or does it go after both apps.  Sorry for my lack of knowledge I am new to Zapier.  This is actually my first Zap I am creating.  

Thank you

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

ZAP 1

1. Trigger: Gmail - New Attachment
  2. Action: GSheet - Lookup Row (lookup email to get folder location)
  3. Action: GDrive - Upload File

ZAP 2

1. Trigger: GDrive - New File in Folder
  2. Action: GSheet - Lookup Row (lookup folder location to get email)
  3. Action: Gmail - Send Email
Userlevel 2

Troy dropping that valuable knowledge on you :metal:

For complicated workflows you could always lookup a Zapier Expert to help you out at https://zapier.com/experts/

Userlevel 2

@Troy Tessalone  - you are the best!

Thank you so much!