Question

Creating a Block Off time in Acuity when an event is created in Zoho Calendar

• 17 November 2023
  • 26 replies

Badge
  • Beginner
  • 13 replies

Hi Everyone, I just want to know how can I add a block off time in Acuity Calendar when an event is created in Zoho Calendar? I already created a Zap but it’s still not working.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

26 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Giu 

Good question.

We would need to see screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured to have more context.

Badge

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Giu 

The Start/End Date and Time fields, expects timestamp values, rather than time zones.

Badge

@Giu

The Start/End Date and Time fields, expects timestamp values, rather than time zones.

@Troy Tessalone I tried using the other fields but it will just show error saying they are not able to pase the start date/time and end date/time.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Giu 
We would need to see screenshots with how your Zap step is configured using other mapped variables along with the encountered error.

Badge

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Giu 

Those look to be UNIX timestamps with timezone offsets.

Try adding this Zap step: Formatter > Date & Time > Format

That will allow you to change the unix timestamp into another format.

Badge

It says block was sent but it was not showing in the Acuity and the date that was recorded is 11/17/2023 not the time when the event is which is 11/20/2023.

Here’s in the Acuity Calendar it was on November 20th, 2023 no event was added and I  can see that it was still available.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Giu 

We would need to see updated screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured for the Formatter steps and the Acuity step.

Badge

@Giu

We would need to see updated screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured for the Formatter steps and the Acuity step.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Giu 

You should remove the variables mapped from Step 1 for each field.

These variables are in different formats, the first of which doesn’t have a time portion.

Badge

@Giu

These variables are in different formats, the first of which doesn’t have a time portion.

is this correct?

Badge

@Giu

when I tested it after removing, this shows:

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Giu 

We need to see updated screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured to have true/full context.

Badge

@Giu

We need to see updated screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured to have true/full context.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Giu 

Try using this Date/Time format: YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM:SS

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Giu 

Also, the Start and End probably need to have different values. (not be the same value)

Badge

Badge

@Giu

Also, the Start and End probably need to have different values. (not be the same value)

Already changed it to the format you mentioned and still it errors. I tried adding an event in Zoho but it will always show like that in Zapier the time is the same even if I created different time

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Giu 

Try using this format, but remove the time zone offset. (-0600)

Also, make sure the value for the End Date/Time is after the Start Date/Time, not the same value.

Badge

regarding the start and end time value that’s the only data that Zapier could get the one that I’ve set up in Zoho Calendar is not showing.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Giu 

You may want to consider hiring a Certified Zapier Expert for help with getting your Zap steps configured.

Badge

there’s no option for me to choose the format you wanted to since it’s default format that it has timezone.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Giu 

You can use the ‘Custom’ tab to define the desired Date/Time format as per the field descriptions.

Badge

@Giu

You may want to consider hiring a Certified Zapier Expert for help with getting your Zap steps configured.

How much do this cost?