Question

Creating a 17x54 label for each item from Shopify order

• 23 August 2022
  • 5 replies

My printer (BrotherQL-1110NWB) will only print a label size 17x54 .

HOW DO I :

TAKE EACH LINE ITEM IN THE ORDER FROM SHOPIFY AND CREATE A SEPERATE PAGE FOR IT IN THE SIZE OF 17X54 AND SEND IT TO TRELLO OR PIPEDRIVE.

SO WHEN I PULL THE PDF FROM TRELLO, I CAN PRINT EACH OF THE LINE ITEMS AS A 17X54 LABEL.

PLEASE SEE ATTACHED SAMPLE OF THE LABELS.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Singh!

I’ve not tried to do something like this before myself, but let’s see if we can work it out step by step. 

The first task is to break down the line items from Shopify into single items. You can do that using Looping by Zapier, which allows you to set up a series of actions that will be performed for each item in a set of line items. 

The next piece is how to create a pdf document of that size that you need. This is where I’m not sure of the best app to use. There are a number of pdf apps that connect with Zapier that might be able to do what you need. If you go to zapier.com/apps and type ‘pdf’ in the search bar at the top, you’ll see different apps that allow you to work with and generate pdfs 

Perhaps one of those will allow you to set a specific template for the pdf that includes the size?

I hope that gets you on the right track!

Hi Thank you for your response, I went with PDFFILLER, so it is able to create the pdf however

in Shopify for a order I created 2 different variants, but when I try to seperate them in the line item they only appear together.

For example, I order 3 items, each of the 3 items has 2 different variants, I want to be able to do the following:

Have pdf filler create 3 pages and for each page have the item name, variant 1, variant 2. listed.

when I order the same item in 2 different variants, in zapier the 2 items & their 2 variants all appear in one line, not separate… any idea how to fix this?

For some odd reason, Zapier loop is only picking up the last item in the line, and not the first two.. Can anyone help?

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hi @Singh ,

If you still need help setting up your Zap, could you please share screenshots where we can see how it was built (making sure no personal information is visible)?

I also recommend making sure you are following the steps indicated here:
https://zapier.com/help/create/other-functions/loop-your-zap-actions

And that you are mapping the output of the looping step in the pdfFiller action step. 

Keep us posted 🙂