Question

Created Salesforce Contact needs primary Account

• 31 October 2023
  • 1 reply

Hi All,

I am creating/updating contacts and accounts in Salesforce.

First, I look to see if the account exists by searching on the name. If not, then I create it. Then I search it see if the contact exists by email, if not I create it with a minimum of fields, name and account.

Then in a separate step, I update the contact (either the new one or the one found) with all the data.

One of the fields updated is the account field. It is set to the ID of the new Account (perhaps redundantly). This all appears to work fine. A nuance however is that if the contact already existed, it already had one or more accounts associated with it and one of these accounts is the PRIMARY account. The new Account added is not set to primary so it does not show as the contacts account in a report.

I want Zapier to set the new account to be the primary account for this contact.

Thanks,

Bradley (MG)

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Bradley Tompkins 

Good question.

To help us have more info, please post detailed screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured.